Your Repairs

icon repairsWe strive to do the best for our residents and help in whatever way we can to meet their repair needs. Here you will find a variety of helpful information relating to maintaining your property, our repairs staff, your right to repair and much more.

Aids and Adaptations

Do you think that you could benefit from receiving some additional support in your home? Life for a number of WECH tenants has been made a little easier recently by the installation of aids such as grab railswalk in showers and even stair lifts. These facilities may be available subject to independent assessment from an occupational therapist. There are three routs you can follow in order to be assessed for this support service: 

You can contact Gina or Phyllis at WECH to arrange a home visit, during which details of your requirements will be discussed with you and the relevant forms filled out. The form will be forwarded to Social Services requesting that an occupational therapist visits you and assesses your physical needs. This will result in a report that could recommend a rant of aids or adaptaions which WECH can consider providing, always on the understanding that the funding is available:

On your behalf we can approach Westminster City Council Social Services who can also arrange to have your physical needs assessed but can also make an assessment of what other support services you might benefit from. This might include their Home Help Service or Care line telephone monitoring support.

Finally you do not need to contact WECH at all. If you prefer you can contact Westminster City Counicl yourself and they can undertake the initial assessment over the telephone, after which they will follow up with a home visit. The telephone number for this service on 020 7641 1175.

If you feel that you would benefit from having a visit for assessment or merely wish to discuss the options available, please contact Gina or Phyllis at the WECH office on 020 7266 3347.